Results tagged ‘ NRPA ’
What: An online chat hosted by the National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) to answer questions related to the BTF application process and evaluation criteria. Chats are online conversations that last 30 to 45 minutes and are live, free, and open to anyone.
Where: Wednesday, April 6 at 2pm EST
Log-in Directions below.
Who: Cathy Bradley, Executive Director of BTF, will answer questions and discuss issues related to the grant process.
We encourage participation by:
- Park and recreation professionals involved in fundraising/development/grant writing serving low-income communities
- Non-profit organizers for youth sports programs and facilities, especially youth baseball/softball, serving low-income communities
- Current or prospective BTF applicants
More: The Baseball Tomorrow Fund (BTF) is designed to promote the growth of youth baseball and softball throughout the world by awarding grants to support field renovation and construction projects, equipment and uniform purchases, coaches training material and other selected program expenses. Established by Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association in 1999, BTF awards approximately $2 million annually to non-profit and tax-exempt organizations in the U.S., Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and Asia.
BTF strongly encourages applicants serving low-income communities, minority players and girls to apply. Information regarding the application process and past grant awards can be found at www.baseballtomorrowfund.com.
- Before the chat begins, visit www.nrpaonlinelearning.org to create your own NRPA Online Account. Set up an email reminder to ensure you join the chat on Wednesday, April 6!
- At the time of the chat, log in and hit the chat tab located across the top of the dashboard.
- During the chat, feel free to submit questions or concerns.