Pod-Cast: The BTF Top Ten
To kick off the holiday weekend, here are the Top 10 Things You May (or May Not) Know about BTF:
1. The Baseball Tomorrow Fund (BTF) is a JOINT initiative between Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association.
2. A joint initiative like BTF doesn’t exist in any of the other major leagues.
4. BTF receives over 400 applications EVERY year.
5. BTF has awarded over 600 grants totaling more than $22 million to recipients all over the globe since 1999.
6. Any tax-exempt organizations and 501(c)(3) organizations involved in youth baseball and/or softball may apply for a BTF grant.
7. The BTF selection process is as follows:
– Letter of inquiry review
– Application review and evaluation
– Site visit
– Final selection by the BTF Board of Directors
8. The first step in the BTF application process, is to submit a Letter of Inquiry that describes your organization and outlines your project. Click here for a more detailed description and instructions.
9. BTF grants are awarded on a quarterly basis.
10. All correspondence (including Letters of Inquiry and Applications) should be sent to: Baseball Tomorrow Fund, 31st Floor, 245 Park Avenue, New York, NY 10167.
Have a great weekend and here’s to a wonderful Summer 2012!